Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Equipment and stuff

This has come up a couple of times today so I thought it would put it on the blog- I got an email earlier from another photographer that her main camera died in the middle of a session (she of course had a backup) and I had a client ask about it- Equipment backups!

This is such an important item especially when looking for a wedding photographer- does he/she have backups for everything and is it professional grade equipment? As you can probably guess we do! Extra camera bodies, extra lens's, extra pocket wizards, extra batteries, extra, extra, extra! We currently have 5 digital camera bodies, 1 pro 35mm film camera, and our complete medium format system if we ever had to go "old skool" on it!

Another thing we have heard people being concerned about- what would happen if something were to happen to you? The MPPA would happen (Minnesota Professional Photographers Association)- I currently have a phone list of people that is not small that would 100% cover me if I something terrible happened. I of course am on their list's as well which is a beautiful thing.

Long story longer- we have backups and people that have our back!





Ohh- I also hadn't done any of this for my insurance company lately so I thought two birds with one stone!

No comments: